Preserving affordable housing stock continues to be one of the City's highest priorities. This year's focus will be on formulating policy recommendations to effectively respond to the various legal challenges against the City's Rent Stabilization ordinance, developing systems to ensure equitable treatment of all persons affected by the ordinance, and implementing strategies to maximize understanding of the Rent Stabilization issues, policies and procedures.
Operating goals include:
- Continue and strengthen efforts to defeat proposed state legislation which would preempt local rent control laws.
- Continuing evaluation of the Ordinance and Regulations and the Department's procedures and operations.
- Proposing and implementing internal changes for increased performance, better service to constituents, and more effective accomplishment of the goals of the Ordinance.
- Maintaining systems which document operating policies related to the processing of rent registrations, property file amendments, rent adjustment applications, annual billing, general adjustment operations, and other automated rent programs.
- Continuing to use the Code Enforcement Program to include civil remedies along with the existing administrative process and criminal prosecution actions to force compliance with the Ordinance.
- Educating various community groups as to their rights and responsibilities under the Rent Stabilization Ordinance and Regulations.
Guides and Fact Sheets on Rent Stabilization
Divisions of Rent Stabilization Department
West Hollywood Rent Stabilization Department (original site may have more recent updates)
- Rent Stabilization Administration
- Records and Monitoring
- Rent Information and Counseling
West Hollywood Virtual City Hall