Kansas Tenants Information
compiled from various sources
- Kansas Tenants Union
The Kansas Tenants Union assists tenants in education, legal assistance, advocacy and mediation
Address: 1442 Brighton Circle
Lawrence, KS 66049
Phone: (785) 841-1236
- Legal Aid Society of Topeka
Provides legal advice and representation to low-income residents of Shawnee, Douglas, Osage, Jefferson, Jackson, Atchison, Morris and Wabaunee Counties
Address: 712 S Kansas Ste 200
Topeka, KS 66603-3873
Phone: (785) 354-8531
TTY: (785) 233-4028
Fax: (785) 233-2096
- Kansas Attorney General's Office
Publishes a page on Landlord/tenant rights and obligations
Address: 301 SW 10th Ave
Topeka, KS 66612
Phone: (785) 296-2215
- Housing and Credit Counseling, Inc.
Housing and Credit Counseling, Inc.
Provides walk-in or call-in counseling and publishes information for tenants on its website
Address: 1195 SW Buchanan, Suite 203
Topeka, KS 66604-1183
Phone: (785) 234-0217
Fax: (785) 234-0237
- Kansas Residential Landlord Tenant Act (KRLTA)
The KRLTA is the law that governs the relationship between landlords and tenants in
Kansas. This page has the whole text of the act as well as links to each individual section.
Mobile Home Residential Landlord and Tenant Act.
The MHRLTA governs situations when the mobile home is owned and the mobile home lot is
- Forcible Detainer Statutes: -- technical guidelines a landlord must follow in order to evict a
- Party Shack Statutes -- are laws governing landlords and tenants.
- "Kansas Tenants Handbook". The
handbook covers both legal and practical aspects of Kansas residential landlord tenant
relations in terms that everyone can understand.
- Affordable Housing Directory lists subsidized rental units and
other resources available to tenants and
homeowners in the city of Topeka.