Cleaning Upholstered Furniture
Cleaning Cloth Covered Furniture:
- Brush the furniture with a whisk broom or vacuum it.
- Combine two teaspoons of detergent and one pint of warm water. Whip up thick suds.
- Place the pan of suds on a newspaper.
- To test for fading, try cleaning a small place on the back of a piece of furniture.
- See if it fades. If it does not fade, clean the entire piece of furniture.
Washing Cloth Cloth Covered Furniture:
- Dip a cloth or a brush in the suds.
- Rub the suds on the furniture.
- To prevent suds from soaking into the furniture, clean only a small part at a time.
- Rinse with a damp cloth.
- Do not get the furniture too wet.
Cleaning Plastic Covered Furniture:
If the furniture is covered with plastic, wash a small place at a time. Rinse and dry as soon as you wash.
Tools & Supplies:
- Brush and whisk broom
- Vacuum cleaner
- 1 pint of warm water in a pan
- A pan of warm rinse water
- 2 soft cloths
Brand Name Cleaning Products
- Pine Sol
- Pine Power
- Ajax Liquid
OFF CAMPUS LIFE
3510 Faunce Student Services Bldg.
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5077
Phone: (616) 387-2336
Fax: (616) 387-2325
Original HTML by Timothy Strunk