Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: landlord wants to rise my rent or kick me out - there is no LEASE

Posted by Richard on January 04, 2000 at 11:20:58:

In Reply to: landlord wants to rise my rent or kick me out - there is no LEASE posted by Sylvia on January 03, 2000 at 19:46:21:

Sylvia try this.....take the cover off the thermostat, and you should see a little capule with some silver liquid in in..(its mercury)....move your thermostat back and forth does the ball of mercury go from one side to the other,? and does it make a little spark when the heater is supposed to turn on? if not it may not even be hooked up at all....

Does anyone else have the same problem? heat goes on in the summertime?

Heres an interesting tip, a lot of times things are backwards....if your apartment is cold its not your radiators or the furnace....it could be the landlords wife is cooking and the heat from the kitchen it getting to their thermostat and fooling it into believing its 70+ degrees in the apartment and no heat is required, then you will get no heat.....if your heat is controlled by the landlords thermostat....(and yours is may not be working)....interesting isnt it?

And yes the landlord can raise only your rent......in an unregulated apartment....but it creates bad feelings......

Hmmmmm............monthly floods........does he have a younger wife? monthly womans problems maybe???????? or do you throw..............down the toilet?

When you investigate a problem NOTHING is left out as a cause....

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name