Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: continue: unlawfully evicted and abused by landlord

Posted by sara on January 14, 2000 at 21:47:17:

In Reply to: continue: unlawfully evicted and abused by landlord posted by sara on January 14, 2000 at 21:45:15:

: I would first like to thank those who responded to the message I posted the other day ("unlawfully evicted and abused by landlord, scared and need help"). It is nice to have the support of others when going through something horrible like this. I would like to ask everyone if they know what the laws are in regard to civil suits dealing with landlord abuse. My roomate and I suffered a great deal because of our landlord (roomate is now homeless wandering NYC streets in cold, I lost my new job, lived without heat or electricity for two weeks, my roomate and I both got extremely physically ill from the stress of the situation, etc...). For two decent people who were only behind a month and a half on their rent it's just ridiculous what we have been going through. My roomate even made a payment on the rent we owed the day before he was violently thrown out and the locks were changed. We deserve compensation from the landlord (and I don't just mean money-anything that makes the landlord suffer is compensation to me). Please, if anyone out there knows what laws there are regarding civil suits please post them here or feel free to email them to me. Any information and support is very much appreciated. Thank you. PS-More info regarding my problem is posted in another message titled "unlawfully evicted & abused by landlord, scared and need help".
: Thanks again.

oops! i'm sorry-i thought the first one didn't go through and i rewrote my message! so sorry guys!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name