Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: no gas/oven use for 30+ days

Posted by richard on January 26, 2000 at 20:04:28:

In Reply to: no gas/oven use for 30+ days posted by Elisha Goldstein on January 22, 2000 at 11:27:17:

I really cant believe it......no gas for 45 days or Virgina 's 4 months.I dont get it.

Why is there no protest?....why dont all of you BARGE into the managements office and demand it get fixed TODAY..and you wont leave? what are they gonna do? youll be on the News tonight!

Maybe its that their are a Lot of ILLEGALS in the building......Illegal tenants, and/or illegal ailiens...who are afraid of getting caught.....

And this is the landlords way of fishing them out...

No other reason sounds even plausable........I'd never put up with it....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

: There was a gas leak in our apartment building and the whole building is dealing with having no oven use for 30-45 days. also, plumbers and gas men are punching holes in the kitchen walls, the hot water is turned off frequently and the stench of cigarette smoke from the unit downstairs has wafted through the hole to overtak the whole apartment.

: The management company says there will be a percentage rent reduction which I haven't been told what it is yet, and I wanted to find out what my rights are regarding rent payment.

: Thanks - elisha

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name