Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Heating system broken in rent stabilized apt.

Posted by John on February 03, 2000 at 13:20:51:

In Reply to: Heating system broken in rent stabilized apt. posted by Phil on February 01, 2000 at 19:19:19:

A tenant who experiences a decreased service in an individual apartment should first contact the owner. If that does not resolve the problem, the tenant may file an "Individual Tenant Statement of
Complaint of Decrease in Services" (DHCR Form RA-81). For complaints involving a decrease in building- wide services, still uncorrected after a tenant contacted the owner, a tenant or tenant
representative may file a "Statement of Complaint of a Decrease in Building-Wide Services" (DHCR Form RA-84). For additional information, see Fact Sheet #14, "Complaints of Decreased

In other words file one of these forms and a rent reduction application and DHCR will reduce your rent until the repairs are properly made, this highly motivates landlords.
Good Luck, if you have another question regarding this post it.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name