Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Update to broken heating system in rent stabilized apt.building

Posted by Phil on February 05, 2000 at 12:40:36:

Thank you tenant.net for your advice. I never even thought of DDCR. I'm going to wait to when he renews my lease. Then he will neglect to send me the renewal lease. And,then I can automatically stop paying rent for the heating system being broken in my apartment building.

Another thing I was wondering if you could help me with. My landlord was a tenant in my apt.I feel as though there might be the possiblity that he conspires with others to sell drugs.Why? The buzzer in my apartment rings at all hours of the day from crank caller. 2. The door to the front door was broken for at least a year while I was living here. (I was told for even two years even before I moved in).3. I seen people smoking crack on the patio. 4. I heard people discussing drug deals in front of the building with employees of the landlord that works in the club below me.5. And a new super living in my building that also works in the club below me, makes it a point to never fix anything in the builidng. It just stands to logic that they (the Landlord and his employess) might be wanting to deal drugs out of the building, if they ignore a broken door which has been broken again in at least two occasions within the month.

I have reported it to the police and they refuse to investigate.Or not investigate in a professional manner.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name