Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Buying rent controled apt.

Posted by Mark Smith on February 06, 2000 at 20:24:07:

In Reply to: Re: Buying rent controled apt. posted by Pete on February 06, 2000 at 20:05:30:

You would have to live in the apartment with your father for two years, unless YOU -- not your father -- meet the requirements for the period to be reduced to one year.

: : My mother recently passed away and my father still lives in their 2 bdrm apt. on the upper westside of Manhattan(79th between Columbus & Amsterdam)I have recently moved back in w/ Dad who is close to retireing and moving to a 2nd home upstate. Is the rent control/lease transferrable to my name? Is there an insider price if I wish to purchase and how do I find out what the asking price would be? It is pre-war coop w/ approx 60 units. Mom and Dad have been in the building for 35 yrs. W/lease.

: READ ALL THE DHCR RULES for rent control ON TENANT.NET HOME. CLICK ON THAT AT TOP OF FORUM PAGE.

: You would have to live with your father in the apartment for
: ONE OR
: two years to succeed him legally,
: DEPENDING ON HIS AGE AND/OR DISABILITY.
: Neither you nor your father probably has a right to buy the apartment at the
: insider price. The period to exercise that right probably ended a long time ago.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name