Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

No Super in Building

Posted by craig on February 06, 2000 at 22:34:39:

West Village, Rent Stabalized/Controlled Apartments, 6 floors, 35 Units.
We have been without a live-in Super for four years now. Management Co. says it's not necessary as the building on the next block, which they say is connected via underground passage and owned by the same owner, constitutes a non-live-in Super in my building. Meaning, both buildings are "one and the same" as they are "connected." "Super" in other building is basically a do-nothing. He dispatches his "team" to do the work for him, if at all. Funny, as I've never seen any of them enter my building through the passage way they say exists. They always enter through the front door. When I asked to see the passage myself, I was refused. Impression of tenants in my building is that "adjoining" building is considered a "luxury building" and ours is but a paupers squat. Services are hit and miss. Many many boiler, heat, hot water problems. Door buzzers working incorrectly. Ventilation system on roof, from restaraunt on ground floor, has caused several tenants to file lawsuits not to mention aggrevation. Vibration from these units is incredibly strong. Leaks in several apartments either via roof or plumbing system or sometimes both. Common areas are sporadically maintained. Calls to the Super always go through the Doorman of the "adjoining" building and NEVER directly to the Super whose phone number is not provided. Needless to say, excuses from both the management company and the super are the norm. Several tenants are paying premium rent in this building which supposedly includes "services." Me thinks there's something wrong here. Can anyone provide some information that might help me combat this problem? Anything would be appreciated. Even if only to say sorry. (apologies for the long/wordy post)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name