Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Broker fees

Posted by richard on February 07, 2000 at 18:44:48:

In Reply to: Broker fees posted by SDB on February 07, 2000 at 17:38:39:

Re: How to bypass the bloodsucking realtors?
Posted by richard on January 18, 2000 at 00:21:31:

In Reply to: How to bypass the bloodsucking realtors? posted by Adam on January 17, 2000 at 22:44:41:

#1 most important thing you must do.... is NOT SLEEP!
You must everyday check the Village voice new york times, newsday classifieds...on line
Then when you see something call at 7am or 8am keep trying over and over and over, If you actually get to speak to a landlord... rush, take a cab, do not even pee ok peeing is allowed have lots of cash on hand have checking accct bank statements, pay stub in hand, and when you get there at 9am there will be 20 others there...GOOD LUCK.

FYI: I saw this apt on the new york times saturday classifeds at 1 am fri night, called at 830 am Saturday Morning... BUSY kept trying must have redialed 40 or 50 times ..got a hold of LL at 9 am we lived in Manhattan...this apt is in Sunnside Queens...he said phone is ringing off the hook...we got here at 9:45, had a signed lease and KEYS by 10:30 AM, One months rent one months security no brokers fee

He didnt realize he had put it in for 2 days.... Thats a true story......
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please someone explain why this is? I am from the midwest and in a big city like chicago, you go directly to the landlord and rent, there is no "fee" for a broker. I just left Washington DC and again no "fee" how can they get away with this, why/ It is so expensive I can afford the rent, bu the fee is like a downpayment I don't get back. Is there a way around this / Help!1!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name