Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

No Water in bath/shower/no mail box

Posted by Jhawkins on February 11, 2000 at 08:37:47:

Hi,
I have been having an ongoing saga go with my management company, Jonas Realty. The buidling is rent stabilized and located in the village.
Going on the fourth week, at first it was my shower that didn't work, then for about 24 hours I didn't have water (nothing to do with the repair), and now I can't even take a bath. I don't have any problems in my apartment but I am flooding out my neighbor. The managment company which is located off site (the super is helpless) keeps sending out (imcopentent) plummers (one was even here, busted through the wall and replastered -- but he didn't test his work)....once the plummer leaves the problem seems to pop up somewhere else. Obviously they don't test their work. Then it takes at least another day or two to get somewhere out here again. The problem is I keep taking time off of work and in more than one case (three now) the plummer doesn't show! Just this morning he was supposed to come again and called that he had to go to an emergency somewhere else--well the only reason that there isn't an emergceny here is that we (my neighbors and I) are being nice and not using the water in the bath. So not only am I not able to shower or bathe in my apartment, but I am loosing a lot time at work.

Currently I do not have heat on in my apartment. I called the super to tell him....no response.
We got a new super in the last week -- a notice has not been posted (I happen to have his #).
On top of it, yesterday there was a not above the mailboxes from the post office...the boxes are broken and mail won't be delivered until it is fixed.
Help...do I have any recourse or who can I can to report these slobs?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name