Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: landlord and trash

Posted by DK on February 16, 2000 at 21:20:22:

In Reply to: landlord and trash posted by beth on February 10, 2000 at 00:51:18:

Do you live in NYC? If so you can get a court order requiring the landlord to comply with the trash removal rules in the Housing Maintenance Code. See the TenantNet Website for instructions on how to do that.

: i got a print out of the land lords resposibities and it said " he is to provide a trash container and be responsible for trash removal if you live in a building with four or more units. someone had responded to my e-mail saying if it's in my lease i'm reponsible.i have several apt. buildings around me who have dumpters and their landlords pay the trash bill. i got a landlord who basically ignores everyone on their complaints.....took him 6 mths to put in a light bulb for our parking lot....where people had fallen because it was too dark to see.........i don't want to be taken.....whether it's in the lease or not.....the landlord has broken a few of his own agreemants in the lease....but when it says reponsible for trash removal....does it mean he pays the trash bill???? thanx jj for the info!!!! maybe you can help a little more

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name