Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Is my landlord getting a j-51 tax abatement?

Posted by J.H. on February 18, 2000 at 18:27:35:

In Reply to: Is my landlord getting a j-51 tax abatement? posted by Elizabeth, rent stablilized, Manhattan on February 18, 2000 at 15:00:02:

You can start with HPD, to find out if the landlord has received a certificate of eligibility (you can do that on the phone). If so, then you go to Tax and Finance for details on the amount received and when it expires. You might have to go to their office for that. The following is from the HPD web site (building owners' section):

General J-51 Information, Applications and Rules.
Call, fax or visit:

Department of Housing Preservation and Development

Tax Incentive Programs Unit

100 Gold Street, 1st Floor

New York, NY 10038

(Located at the corner of Frankfort Street, immediately south of the Brooklyn Bridge)

Telephone (212) 863-5517

Facsimile (212) 863-5899

Information Regarding Implementation of J-51 Benefits. After receipt of a Certificate of Eligibility, questions regarding the implementation of benefits should be directed to the Real Property Assessment Bureau of the Department of Finance in the borough where the property is located. The bureaus can be contacted by telephone at the following numbers:

Manhattan (212) 669-4896

Bronx (718) 579-6879

Brooklyn (718) 802-3560

Queens (718) 658-4608

Staten Island (718) 390-5295


Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name