Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Please Help A Hick....radical idea

Posted by richard on February 20, 2000 at 20:34:19:

In Reply to: Re: Please Help A Hick posted by Victoria on February 20, 2000 at 20:19:26:

Either you could find someone who speaks their languge,and try and explain the way you make your living....We explained that to our LL and he understood and we are quiet too, But he had 6 kids so they were used to some noise in the middle of the night.

If she gets NUTTY or you could call the police and ask for social services to see wether she is going senile and needs to be in a nursing home....

And yes without a lease the landlord has to give you 30 days in writing for any reason......but with someone that needs to be in a nursing home you do have some defenses.

---------------------------------------------

: Yes but she doesnt speak any English and the landlords speak very little. I tried speaking with this past Friday and she just opened up her window (facing the street) and started screaming for help. At least I think it was for help, I am not sure. Its not the 30 days that bothers me its the fact that she is causing a bunch of trouble for nothing. She is affecting my right to reasonable enjoyment of the property.

: Um, since we did not sign a lease can the landlord evict under any circumstances?

: Thanks for the reply!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name