Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: YOUR RANT

Posted by Larry the Landlord on February 28, 2000 at 23:59:01:

In Reply to: Re: YOUR RANT posted by TOM on February 27, 2000 at 13:10:42:

People who call it the World War II Housing Act know what DHCR is really based on. We are still being controlled by the World War II Housing Act, it is simply what it is called (Sounds too wacky for you, look it up.). It was implemented because of the influx of solders coming back from the war. It was mostly meant for smaller towns that had a large influx of woman working in munition factories. The small towns suffered because of the lack of housing within them, but NYC never had a shortage but was forced to implement the program because it was a Federal Program. Whether you remember it or not is irrelevant, obviously you were not around when this archaic regulatory nightmare was instituted.

And yes even here in this great city we do have town meetings. (Your cracking me up) A town meeting references the format of a gathering, not it's location. And why is my math lousy. You should explain. And as things would have it I do some fiction writing. Published too. And I am a real landlord here in NYC it would just seem I know more about it then you do.

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name