Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Own 3-bedroom trailer in a park/no lease signed/can landlord tell me I can't have anyone live with me?

Posted by Mark Smith on March 01, 2000 at 10:52:06:

In Reply to: Own 3-bedroom trailer in a park/no lease signed/can landlord tell me I can't have anyone live with me? posted by Timothy on February 28, 2000 at 12:55:02:

Real Property Law §233(s) gives you the right to have a roommate, but generally it can be only one roommate and the children of that roommate. In general, RPL §233 gives mobile home tenants many rights. You can read the law on TenantNet at
http://www.tenant.net/Other_Laws/RPL/rpl07.txt,
or click on the link at the end of this message.

: I own my trailer but it's in a trailer park. I had my newphew and his girlfriend staying with me and the landlord told me I'm not allowed to have anyone living with me or else I would be evicted. I was handed a lease but never signed it and I use to have my girlfriend and my two children living with me and I never had any problems like this before. I feel I am being discriminated against for there are other tenants here who have people staying with them and the landlord doesn't bother them at all. I even brought this fact to the landlord's attention and when I did they just told me again that I couldn't have anyone living with me and that was that. Is there anything I can do? I really need some help and all information on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
: I live in Cobleskill, New York

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name