Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent reduction

Posted by richard on March 01, 2000 at 16:25:54:

In Reply to: Rent reduction posted by Terry Abramson on March 01, 2000 at 14:22:04:

Well you could learn to take baths for a while.......Hey its NOT that bad!

But seriously is this an apartment problem? is yours the only apartment like this? Or Is your kitchen sink and bathroom sink just as hot?

Chances are that there is a stuck or closed water valve either in the line to your shower or apartment that is preventing full flow of cold water..

If its only in your shower and nowhere else and no other apartments then its YOUR shower control thats stuck.... not very expensive to fix... for a real licensed plumber.

Why not offer to them if they come over tomorrow and really fix it you wont ask for a rent reduction...... that should work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I moved into a rent stabilized apt. in New york 12/18 and ever since have not been able to use the shower (the water comes out scolding hot, no cold water pressure.) This is both an inconvenience and a hazard. I pay high rent. Many calls to Apt. Mgmt. company with promises to address problem. They've even sent out a plumber a couple of times but the problem still remains. Can I request a rent reduction for my time in the apt. with no shower capabilities? Apt. Mgmt. company says they will give me a reduction, but they never actually get back to me in writing confirming this. I have a written lease and there are 6 or so apts in building.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name