Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

lease renewal

Posted by Ms Jones on March 02, 2000 at 13:29:44:

Re: NYC rent stabilized apartment.
My landlord did not offer me a timely lease renewal. When it was finally offered, it reflected my lease original expiration date, not the date when it wsa really offered. Before returning the signed lease renewal to the landlord, I changed the lease renewal date and the commencement date by adding the 120 days, as allowed by law. I signed the corrected lease renewal and hand delivered it to the landlord. I included a letter stating that I've changed the dates to reflect the correct dates and gave the ladlord the option to either sign it and initial the changes or issue a new lease renewal reflecting the correct dates.
More than a month has passed since I delivered the letter and lease renewal form, and I have yet to hear back from the landlord. Now I don't know where I stand legally.
1) Did the original lease renewal offer expired when the landlord did not return the signed copy within the 30 days allowed by law?
2) Does this means that for all practical purposes the landlord has to offer me a new lease renewal and when he does, is that the date that should be considered as the date of offering?
3) What should I do next?
Thanks in advance,

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name