Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Breaking of Lease or not allowing pets......Tough choice

Posted by richard on March 03, 2000 at 06:37:20:

In Reply to: Breaking of Lease or not allowing pets posted by William F Edwards on March 02, 2000 at 22:28:28:

Well you have a tough choice to make......the landlord has a right not to lose any money, so if there is a lease termination fee, ya gotta pay it......

If the landlord will allow you out of your lease and you lose your security.well ya gotta lose it.

If the landlord cannot rent the apartment in a month you will be liable for the rent on the apartment.......

Or tell your girlfriend to wait and move in November..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

: No, what am saying is that I was told that pets are not allow on the property or to dwell in apartments. My understanding was that if you were given a addendum stating the cost for a pet that you were permited to house a pet. But now that my fiance is moving to Memphis and she has a dog which she love will not be able to have live with us constitute a problem that will cause our situation to unfold and I will be force to have to stay at the apartment due to my lease which I feel like more of a prisoner then a tenant due to the fact that this may cause our relationship and my happiness to be alter because of a requirement by the Housing Management from allowing her to live with me and her pet. I'm trying to found out what procedures I can take to be able to break the lease and to move to a complex which allow pets.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name