Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: summary judgment..Richard, can you read English?....yes

Posted by richard on March 05, 2000 at 23:39:57:

In Reply to: Re: summary judgment..Richard, can you read English? posted by TenantNet on March 05, 2000 at 19:23:21:

First she said she is rent stabilized in a SRO......Then she said she has the money to pay the landlord.... then she asks should I pay him what i owe and make an accounting of her paymnets.

Knowing full well what is going on around her, i cant believe the landlord would be dumb enough to try and evict her for being a week or two late with the rent so there must be more to the story,

Second I ASSUME that she is bright enough not to have paid ALL her rent in cash, and would have checks with her address on it to prove rent payments...Also she should have her lease too......

So she should make an accounting of what she owes the Landlord and to give it to him ASAP.

This has always Baffled me......why people rent pay in cash, and why they dont keep their lease no matter how old they are and rent reciepts (checks) If you have a habit of losing things then why not rent a safe deposit box???

When i sued my LL last year I had everything.....the original lease, the copies certified bank checks of the rent and the 2 months deposit....The AD in the New York Times for the apartment...and my phone bills to that number.....

IT is an absolute MUST to keep all these things in a file.....just for a case like this where the landlord has demanded more money then he really is entitled to...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

: Richard, why do you waste our hard disk space? Why do you think anyone asking questions is a teenager who can lean on their parents? Did it occur to you that in many SRO Hotels, residents may not even have a lease, although they would be vested by the RS laws? She asked a legal question -- which we all know you are ill-equipped to handle. She did not say she was unable to pay the rent, but what might happen given a set of specific circumstances. Why don't you read and think before you jump in -- if that's possible.

: : I guess you dont want to live in Manhattan anymore........or else you would have treated your lease as GOLD!
: : Get the money and pay the Landlord before your court date...Preferable a LOT Sooner ...... ask your Parents.ask your freinds..take money out of your retirement account...sell anything of value
: : You know they want your room so they can charge $150 a night.....
: : Why give them ammunition to evict you?
: : You could move to Queens.....or to New Jersey .....

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name