Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Not Too Many Tenants Walk Their Cats In Public

Posted by Mark Smith on March 10, 2000 at 08:31:00:

In Reply to: Re: Richard you ignorant slut..not bad you must be a dog lover posted by richard on March 09, 2000 at 22:09:25:

The laws in New York City and Westchester cover all pets, but dogs are the most frequent subject of litigation because tenants walk their dogs -- and not their other pets -- in the street, and have to bring them in and out of the building.

Landlords rarely find out about pets other than dogs unless the landlord is doing work in an apartment, or a neighbor complains about noise and/or odors coming from an apartment.

: Well thats true, but if you violate the pet clause, and get caught well too bad...

: I also noticed that there are very very few cases where a landlord has tried to evict someone for harboring a CAT...

: Maybe you should take a hint.............CAT POWER!

: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

:
: : The pet law was meant to prevent arbitrary use of a Pet clause on long term renters. Too often if the landlord decided they didn't like someone then they would use the pet clause against them ....(i.e. complaining about no heat, missing the rent by a day, parting you hair on left instead of the right)....

: : You're an ingorant slut because dogs that are a nuisance i.e peeing a crapping where alway evictatable...

: :
: : YOU NEED THERAPY...stop using this board as a means to vent your screwed up life...

:
: : WAK

: : : I am really an easy person to get along with...but to me anyone who has a dog in New York City is nuts......

: : : I have had my share of barking, peeing, krapping and stupid ignorant dog owners in my life... and in my opinion there are more bad dog owners then good...

: : : In our other apartment we had one dog owner on the 5th floor who would let his dog run in the hallways barking yapping peeing and then wind up at MY door barking cause he smelled our cats at 6:15-7 am almost every morning..... I kept yelling at this dope carry your dog downstairs and take him out......FINALLY other people complained and it was close...we Almost had him EVICTED

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name