Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Roommate Problem/ Help!

Posted by richard on March 11, 2000 at 09:00:59:

In Reply to: Roommate Problem/ Help! posted by caitlin on March 10, 2000 at 15:02:24:

ONE......NEVER NEVER NEVER rent to anyone who does not have ALL of the money and a checking account and a PAY stub to prove they can afford the apartment......

So what city do you live? And why arent you in that apatment?

He gave you a months notice to leave on feb 28 therefore he has forefited ALL of his security to use as MARCH's rent.......If he doesnt like it tell HIM to take you to court.....you have no reason to give him ANYTHING back, UNLESS you
find a roomate that wants to move in by the 15th....then and only then you should give him back 1/2 months rent.

It is illegal to have Two people pay FULL rent on the same apartment/room at the same time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

: At the end of Dec. I met a bunch of possible roommates to rent a bedroom
: in my apartment. I asked for a months deposit (450 inc. utilities), which he gave me in two installments after moving in Jan 1. All was easy until Feb 28 (when the rent should have been in the mail) and he said that he found another place and that he was giving me a month notice. When I saw him on March 2 I asked for the rent. He said that I should use the deposit, I said that was tough since he gave me no notice. He is now protesting and says he won't leave until I give him whatever amt I still owe on the deposit. He's become increasingly hostile to me.I don't know that he's not going to trash my stuff. Do I have any recourse? My name is the only one on the lease.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name