Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Succession rights to a rent stabilized apartment

Posted by JENNIE BARKLEY on March 13, 2000 at 10:05:46:

I have been a resident for almost twenty years at an apartment in Queens. I was listed as the legal tenant and had listed my daughter as an occupant. In my last two leases, the lease did not ask for the occupants of the apartment. I now want to vacate the apartment and have my daughter be the successor to the apartment.
The landlord claims that he has no record of her residency in the apartment. How can I prove her residency when I don't have the usual items (such as a voter's registration card, bank statements, bills) since she was unemployed and did not vote. Can I provide affidavits from tenants or some other form of proof? I appreciate any help you can give me!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name