Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

looking for help from loft law

Posted by Jeff Kramer on March 13, 2000 at 15:39:01:

Hi all..

I'm currently living in the garment district, in a building with a commercial C of O. There are curently 3 other residential tenants in the building, and I know at least in 1 apt ( mine ) there was a tenent for the last 6 years and a guy before him. I have spent too much cash on an attorney already, who advised me to stop paying rent after the landlord broke his handshake deal & tried to raise the rent 25% after 6 months.. but he did inform me that the gravy train would be for me to prove the building is a loft. The loft board says it's not registered, and the utility companies are not cooperative in providing info about former tenants. One bit of good news is once when the landlord called & while demanding his rent, claimed he owned the building for 20 years & never had this problem. A light bulb went off over my head & told me to ask him if people have been living there for 20 years, to which he said YES!..

Anyone with any ideas about how I can prove this building is a loft would be up for some kind of reward..

please help..

thanks,

jeff

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name