Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Cable TV and satelite dish

Posted by nicole on March 24, 2000 at 10:25:25:

I live in NYC and I just rented a new apartment. I would like to find out whether there is a legal framework defining the responsibilities of the landord regarding cable tv service or instalation of a satelite dish? Specifically... Can a management company say you can only use a specific cable service provider in their building (the one with which they have an agreement)? Shouldn't a tenant have the right to use the provider of its choice, the same way as with phone service?
Also.. regarding access to the roof? Isn't this space considered "common to all"? I would think that all apartments are assigned a portion of the roof space and can use it f.ex. to install a satelite dish.
Is there any set of regulations, regarding instalation of a satelite dish on the roof deck of residential buildings, which defines the rights of the building management as well as those of the tenants?
I would really appreciate any feedback on this or any recommendations as to where I can find such legal material or any agency/organization that can provide related guidance.
Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name