Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: ILLEGAL SUBLET: from bad to worse

Posted by grape tang on March 24, 2000 at 18:37:09:

In Reply to: ILLEGAL SUBLET: from bad to worse posted by Grape Tang on March 20, 2000 at 19:10:44:

My illegal sublet situation has gotten as bad as it's going to get. I was visited today by the lease holder of the apartment i was moved to last weekend, and he told me that i had to be moved out yet again, and that they (the family of the lease holder of my current and previous living situations) are going to move me to a "temporary" location in the boroughs, and then move me back to manhattan.

I am trying to find a place to move tomorrow. A friend has a possible temporary living situation, and some other friends are offering to help me move tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this message, except to say that if anyone is casually reading this bulletin board, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU CONSIDER A NEW APARTMENT SITUATION. my life is ruined. it's not a matter of things being a "hassle." i have no phone number. no address. no peace of mind. no sense of ownership. nothing. it's all been taken away.

please be careful.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name