Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Early termination of standard rent stabilized lease?

Posted by Mark Smith on March 31, 2000 at 08:24:15:

In Reply to: Re: Early termination of standard rent stabilized lease? posted by VRC on March 30, 2000 at 20:58:40:

Why can't the sheriff collect the judgment? If the landlord still owns the building, you could serve restraining notices on the tenants, to have them withhold their rent so that the sheriff can collect the judgment from the rents.

The judgment should also be filed with the county clerk to become a lien against the building, so that if the building is sold, your judgment will be paid.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name