Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Early termination lease? previous landlord's property

Posted by Anna on March 31, 2000 at 13:39:50:

In Reply to: Re: Early termination of standard rent stabilized lease? posted by VRC on March 31, 2000 at 12:03:06:

: This guy had suggested that I move into another apartment which he owned and had planned to eventually put on the market in the same building because my decorating skills helped sell the apartment I had been living in--it sold within two weeks while other apts in the building had been on the market for at least six-nine months. I called the Co-op Authority (or whatever that city agency is) to find out which apartment he still owns (so a lien could be put on it). I was told that it is confidential information and Co-ops do not fall under the same rules governing real property ownership. The management agent of the building would not give me the info either.

Easy way to find his property! Go to the Hall of Records in the county of that coop-sublease, in Manhattan it is at 31 Chambers St, 2nd floor, cross-street Centre St. Deeds, UCC filings, & personal property are in that computer database, a public record. UCC = mortgage (or the liens mtg co's place on the property when they give you a mtg). Unless he paid cash or is paying the sponsor, you'll find all his coop properties in that computer. You can also try the NYC Dept of Finance, same building: tax assessments are public record, but I don't know if they are accessible by name or just by address.

ps: who did you call? there is no 'coop authority'. However, the Attorney General does have some input into coop conversions...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name