Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

termination of rental due to fire

Posted by Gail on April 02, 2000 at 23:05:07:

Can anyone tell me what my rights are if there has been a fire in a rental which caused the fire dept to deem the building unsafe and repairs will take 3mos. Landlord is asking tenant to leave due to the inside of the house was disgusting with dog/cat and bird feces everywhere. Renters were cited for too many animals when fire broke out in garage. Landlord unaware renters had done so much damage inside. Personal belongings of renters must be removed to clean and paint inside of house. Insurance taking care of alot of damage, even due to renters "vandilism so to speak". If renters do not remove belongings as requested, can landlord dispose of them? What if renters sign a paper agreeing to terminate rental agreement? Please help I'm out of time and need answers. Renters had signed rental agreement to not have more than 4dogs and 4 birds. Animal Control removed over 30 at time of fire. What legal rights do I have? I need repairs to start or insurance $ will not cover it if we wait to long. HELP

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name