Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: My rights vs Banks rights

Posted by Israel on April 03, 2000 at 11:43:18:

In Reply to: My rights vs Banks rights posted by Becky on April 01, 2000 at 22:54:42:

Start documenting everything that happens to you and your apartment. If you pay rent to these new people, then write a certified letter requesting that you be notified in advance if and when someone will be entering your apartment for repairs. If the thought of someone going through your apartment when your not there bothers you, then write that in your letter also. If all else fails i suggest you change one of the locks to the apartment and wait for the management complaints about access.

You have the right to privacy and enjoyment of the rental unit. If unknown persons or people claim to be from the management company, please be sure the right people contact you prior to any visits.

Check with a local housing attorney for any details you come across during this period.

: HELP!
: I live in Los Angeles CA. First the landlord was not fixing what needed to be fix. The Bank ended repossesing the units. Now, the Bank has come to my place when I have not been there (Manager has keys)without my permission to go in. I don't know WHEN or WHAT they are going to fix. Is it legal for them to go in w/out me being there?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name