Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: landlord liability for reimbursement of expenses after burglary.......HUH???

Posted by rich on April 13, 2000 at 17:29:24:

In Reply to: landlord liability for reimbursement of expenses for window bars after burglary in apt posted by Rina Sanna on April 13, 2000 at 17:13:04:

OK you mean to tell me you dont have renters insurnace that would have covered the loss????

I am looking at my policy $45,000 in coverage and $9,000 for loss of use Plus FULL Replacement Cost....and only a $250 deductable

ALL for $222.00 a year.......from Travelers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

: I live in a rent stabilized apartment in Jackson Heights. I have a written lease; there are 40 units in the building; it was built approximately 100 years ago; the apt. is located in the historical section.
: I live on the 6th floor. There is a fire escape under the kitchen and bathroom windows. My apartment faces the front of the building, on 82nd Street. Two weeks ago my apartment was burglarized. The police suspect the drug-addict daughter of my next-door neighbor (who allegedly no longer has keys to her mother's apt). She and her male acquaintances have been seen sleeping in our basement and washing clothes in our washing machines. The police suspect that she or her "friends" saw the boxes from my computer and planned the burglary. The perpetrators entered my apt through the bathroom window because all the other windows were locked. The only thing that was taken from my apt was my computer and all related hardware, software and accessories. Nothing else was disturbed. I no longer feel safe in my own apartment. I am having bars installed on my windows at a cost of approximately $700. Is my landlord liable for the cost incurred re these bars?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name