Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: possible evicition proceedings

Posted by steve godowsky on April 16, 2000 at 13:01:08:

In Reply to: possible evicition proceedings posted by Greg Cuffee on April 16, 2000 at 12:56:00:

: I live in a rent controlled 4 unit bldg in Park Slope Brookln. I have a situtation in which i'm a tenant in an apt in which the lease in someone elese's name. Last week of March 2000, I lost my job, ( I have since then gotten a new job) and i wasn't able to pay my rent for April 2000 ( due April 1st). Now the lease holder wants to get out of the lease and wasnt's me to move in a couple of days, which is hard to do as I have to find somewhere else to live & move out my posessions and i have informed the lease holder at minimum I would need a week, she advised me that the landlord would change the locks this week ( week of April 17,2000) and neither party have not or dont seem to be willing to dicuss repayment of April 2000, rent and reasonable time to vacate the premises. All I have reccieved are threats from the lease holder as she wants to get out of the lease and she has advised the landlord will let her out of the lease & return her security. My question is what rights do I have if any, and can they change the locks on me ( while i'm at work )
: before I have time to move out of the apt, pay the April rent in arrears. It would be important to know that I moved into this apt Nov 15, 1999 and I have been on time with my rent since then with the exepction of the rent for April 2000. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated, as the lease holder
: has threatened me with the possibility the locks will be changed this week, and right at the moment, I'm sitting on " pins & needles ". Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name