Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: the case of 2 landlords: whom to pay?

Posted by Mark Smith on April 19, 2000 at 14:43:54:

In Reply to: the case of 2 landlords: whom to pay? posted by Michael Allen on April 19, 2000 at 13:22:39:

The escrow account is a good idea. It lets each would-be landlord, and the court, know that you are sincere in wanting to pay the rent.

Set up the account, and let each landlord know, by certified mail, return receipt requested. But don't tell them where the account is. And keep all correspondence that you get. Good luck.

The bank may be able to help you in naming the account. Just make sure that the account is always in YOUR control -- not either landlord's.

:
: The ownership of the building in which I live is in dispute. Two people claim to be 'the landlord.' I have been paying landlord a, but now landlord b is threatening to evict (claiming any lease I have with a is void). Landlord a says to pay no heed, and continue sending him the rent.

: What to do?
: I can pay no-one, since one or the other will try to evict, or pay into some sort of escrow account, the balance to be disbursed to whoever wins the title dispute. Should/how do I do this?

: Ideas and suggestions welcome.
: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name