Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Waste water backed up into the apartment

Posted by Ken on May 08, 2000 at 18:33:07:

On thursday night / Friday morning waste water from the toilet flowed into my apartment as I slept. It covered all of the hallway, part of the bedroom, under the wall and into the study. Flood appears to be because of roots in the waste water line. So when someone upstairs would flush it would come out into my apartment. As of right now the only thing the apartment complex has said that they are willing to do is to have it cleaned, which they have. I asked them to replace it. After seeing certain things floating down my hall, I really cannot see my self stepping bare foot on the carpet again, no matter how much they clean it. They have told me that they have no plans of replacing the carpet. As it stands right now, my lease is up in about a month. Looks like I am not resigning unless they replace the carpet. They did offer to move me to another unit, but I heard form the cleaners that were here on Friday that the same thing happend in another unit around the corner.
Wondering if anyone has come across this type of thing before and what did you do?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name