Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Donteventhinkaboutit

Posted by MikeW on May 09, 2000 at 16:33:58:

In Reply to: private Section eight rentals NYC preferably Manhattan posted by Jack Jersawitz on May 09, 2000 at 13:17:20:

I have nothing to do with the program, but from what I've heard, section 8 housing is very hard to come by, and getting harder by the minute. Because of the explosive real estate market here, and the low program reimbursment rates, most of the LLs who were in the program are not renewing their contracts when they expire.

: Hi!
: I am currently resident in Section eight privately owned 200 apartment building in Atlanta, eligible as a 66 year old SS receipient. These units are in good condition and totally free of vermin. Current rent $153, one third of my income after usual deductions.

: Question. I know I am crazy but after living here for some thirty odd years I long to return to my hometown and all the culture and other NY goodys that I so much miss. What are my chances of finding a clean Section 8 apartment, preferably in Manhattan, and how would I go about it. Would the rent include all utilities as here, save phone and net connection. Could I live in NYC on the balance of my $543/mo. from SS? Are there any lists of such apartment providers?

: Appreciate any help and information.

: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name