Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: covered intercom: your life is in danger

Posted by link on May 10, 2000 at 21:04:36:

In Reply to: rent reduction for covered intercom posted by susie on May 10, 2000 at 10:24:14:

: I have a rent-regulated iapartment in a building that went co-op. The co-op covered up an exterior intercom because they have a part-time doorman and think the intercom unsightly. I have friends who come late at night and cannot buzz me or talk to me from the vestibule. The intercom did not allow us to buzz th dooor open but did allow us to talke to visitors and know they were there. Is there a way to file for rent-reduction and remain anonymous as the politics are very difficult here? I believe it is a reduction in services if they covered this intercom up.

suprised Anna didn't mention this: your life and that of all tenants is in danger: thinkaboutit!!! fire? police? ambulance? howtheygonnagetin???
the hell with the harassment from the shareholders: call HPD 960-4800 call them tonight call them now.

file a complaint with the Attorney General (harassment, coop conversion, reduction of services GBL 352-eeee, partly below: all of it is in your offering plan.), with DHCR: same claims, with HPD: all repairs. get a lawyer: sue their butts off! go for the big money, get a lien on their property, bust the coop!. down with all shareholder-tyrants who believe they're immune from basic safety laws! (ps: HPD just left here: they said this bull**** is epidemic in small buildings converted since 1982) (oh! yeah! complained about one little thing: they wrote down at least 8)

4. It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in any course
of conduct, including, but not limited to, interruption or
discontinuance of essential services, which substantially
interferes with or disturbs the comfort, repose, peace or
quiet of any tenant in his use or occupancy of his dwelling
unit or the facilities related thereto. The attorney general may
apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for an order
restraining such conduct and, if he deems it appropriate, an
order restraining the owner from selling the shares allocated
to the dwelling unit or the dwelling unit itself or from
proceeding with the plan of conversion; provided that nothing
contained herein shall be deemed to preclude the tenant

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name