Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Downstairs Neighbor Harrassing Me re: My W/D & DW an Idea!!!

Posted by richard on May 11, 2000 at 14:12:25:

In Reply to: Downstairs Neighbor Harrassing Me re: My W/D & DW posted by Joe on May 11, 2000 at 13:58:19:

Why not slip him $20..that should keep him quiet!

---------------------------------

: I live in a "luxury" rental building that has a washer and dryer and dishwasher supplied as part of the apartment by the managment company. The people beneath me complain to the Doorman at night that my appliances are disturbing them and that I cannot operate them after 10. (The building has "quiet hours" from 10pm to 7am - BUT this isn't in the lease.) When these people complain, the Security Guard/Doorman comes and asks me to stop washing clothes, etc. I tell the Guard that I have a right to wash clothes whenever I want. I also had a meeting with the property's manager and he agreed with me that since the apartment is furnished with these appliances that it's not my problem that the people beneath me can hear the machines.

: My question is, what can I do/say to stop the Security Guard from beating on my door when these people complain?

: Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name