Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

As with anything else, get it in writing.

Posted by John on May 12, 2000 at 16:17:13:

In Reply to: Re: VERBAL AGREEMENT posted by MARV IN MILLER on May 11, 2000 at 22:50:55:

Considering that everyone is Yelling at richard, maybe I could give you some advice... Do you have recipts for the equipment and supplies you purchased for this job? Do you have any documentation that work was being done by you? Like Permits and orders.
I assume this landlord can't evict you if you present a business relationship reflecting your verbal agreement instead of a lanlord/tenant relationship to a housing court judge. Every state is different, but if you were making improvements to the house and the apartment, because of this verbal agreement the judge may see it your way.

It is a long shot, but anything is worth nothing.
Of course stop everything your doing and take everything that you have a receipt for.

: : HI! I HAVE A SIMPLE QUESTION FOR SOMEONE WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THE LANDLORD TENANTS LAW. I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN A THREE FAMILY HOME WITH MY WIFE AND TWO KIDS, I HAD MADE AND VERBAL AGREEMENT WITH THE LANDLORD TO REPAIR VARIOUS PARTS OF THE HOME WITH AGREEMENT THAT HE WILL NOT CHARGE ME RENT, WELL JUST RECENTLY I HAVE RECEIVED AND EVICTION NOTICE AFTER SIX MONTHS OF REPAIR AND BUYING THE RAW MATERIALS TO REPAIR THE HOME, AND FEEL SOMEWHAT USED, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE IF POSSIBLE RENDER ME WITH ADVISE ON WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST POWER MOVE ON DEALING WITH THIS LANDLORD.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name