Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

False Fuel Increase

Posted by phil on May 15, 2000 at 12:29:13:

In Reply to: Rent Control posted by magda on May 15, 2000 at 12:05:56:

If LL has proposed an increase, file a challenge with DHCR. The
only good news about this is, unlike a rent increase, LL cannot
impose a fuel increase if you challenge. It will take DHCR close
to a year to rule. If they rule against you, LL can:
----impose increase retroactive for stabilized tenants
----impose increase for controlled tenants.
If you lose, your option is to file a Petition for
Administrative Review (PAR) with DHCR, while paying increase.
Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name