Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rent controled? kewl.

Posted by John on May 15, 2000 at 15:41:33:

In Reply to: rent control apartment falling down, falling down, falling down posted by mc on May 15, 2000 at 15:27:41:

Write letters to your landlord complaining about the above situation. Then withhold rent until he either gives in or takes you to housing court... Which will bring you in front of a judge so that you can plead your case.
You can also start an HP Action (you take your landlord to court) and request your apartment be inspected for violations. Either way the judge will have it on record that your apartment will be repaired in a timely manner.
Make sure you have all rent receipts and canceled checks.

: what are my actions if my apartment needs major repairs!! oven knob broken, squeaky, uneven floor, cracked walls, chipped paint, windows defective, mice infestation, holes in walls behind panels, hot water fluctuates in bathroon, can hear every footstep of my upstairs neighbor, etc.....

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name