Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

I was duped by NY No Fee - Scam

Posted by Afron on May 16, 2000 at 09:25:19:

In Reply to: Know your rights: apartment referral agencies NYC posted by Anna on May 13, 2000 at 09:30:36:

Anna, thank for the information. Now, I have enough information to approach NY No Fee with. Hopefully I can get a refund minus the $15 fee. If anyone else was duped as well, e-mail me. we can work as a TEAM - Together, Each Achieves More - to go and help each other get our refunds.
: Consumer Affairs Cracks Down on Illicit Apartment Information Vendors

: exerpt:

: “Every apartment vendor that we investigated, both licensed and unlicensed, failed to provide
: the mandated refund of all but $15 for an unsuccessful search," said Commissioner Hoffman. “In
: addition, all the AIVs failed to disclose the source of their apartment listings as required by law.”

: The DCA report documented different AIV’s operating at certain points within the last three years
: in the City. Of these vendors, only 14 are currently licensed to operate in New York State.
: Consumer Affairs dispatched undercover inspectors to 5 apartment vendors in order to verify the
: complaints and document the quality of service these vendors provide.

: Six Apartment Information Vendors were cited for three counts each of violating the Consumer
: Protection Law. The vendors cited were Metro Management, Optional Referral Services,
: Maximum Services, The Apartment Finders, Apartments ‘R’ Us, and Landlord Direct.

:
: http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/dca/html/apartmentvendor.html

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name