Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

What were your previous results in housing court

Posted by MikeW on May 16, 2000 at 18:18:27:

In Reply to: I want to sue my landlord posted by Kenny Lund on May 16, 2000 at 14:36:39:

You could try withholding rent. At that point they would bring you into housing court, where you could state your claims. If you have a prior case against they, that should help.

: I have been living in the same apt. for three years. In that time my bathroom cieling has fallen in four times, there is water damage and worped paint in the kitchen, There is also water damage on the living room cieling, Our radiator spits out water and has damiged the living room floor, During the summer I can not run my microwave and AC at the same time without blowing a fuse, There is no super for the building, There are cockroaches in the halls and mice in the court yard, The trash builds up in the halls, etc.
: I feel as though I live in substandard conditions and neglected by my landlord. I have taken them to housing court before but I feel as tough I am still being ignored. I want justice! Do I have a case? I would appriciate any advice on the matter. Thank you, Kenny Lund

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name