Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Substance Not Form in Filing

Posted by Mary on June 05, 2000 at 12:06:34:

I have missed the 4-year statute for filing. The initial overcharge occurred in 1989, so my request for review in 1997 was rejected. However, I did file a complaint with the DCHR within a year of the initial overcharge, in May l990, in the form of an RTP-3a "Answer to Notice and/or Application" for an MCI rent increase. Would that filing give me standing to have the rent records on my apartment reviewed back to that time? Any brilliant ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name