Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Is this legal?

Posted by George on June 07, 2000 at 20:18:28:

Can an out of state attorney bring an action against me at 111 Centre Street if this attorney neither lives or has an office in New York State. This attorney is admitted to practice in NYS but his New York City address is only a mail receiving center. All his mail to me comes from another out of state address.
Is there any law or bar regulation which I can use to have this action dismissed for this reason? Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name