Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Blacklists

Posted by Shelley on June 07, 2000 at 21:14:13:

In Reply to: Blacklists posted by Kay on June 07, 2000 at 16:31:12:

: Now, however, I am blacklisted because of this, and it seems I can't get an apartment. I called housing court to find out how to get records of this information, and I was told that there is some company in Florida that is making money giving out this information on tenants to landlords, and that many tenants have complained that they are giving out wrong information, causing people to be turned down for apartments. How do I get access to this information? What can be done to stop, or regulate companies like this that are giving out false information?

The way I heard it is: these companies report that the Housing Court cases exist: they don't look into and don't report who won, which is on the computer, much less look at the actual files to find out what it was all about. Some landlords/brokers really don't care what the story is either: they figure if you went to court once, you have way to much knowledge about your rights. They prefer to rent to tenants who know nothing.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name