Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Lease renewal, hallways, hot water, ants

Posted by Shelley on June 07, 2000 at 21:22:52:

In Reply to: Lease renewal posted by Marta on June 05, 2000 at 16:44:52:

: NYC rent stabilized tenant. I have several questions.
: 1) If my landlord failed to return my copy of the executed rent renewal in a timely manner, do I continue to pay the old rent until he does?

YES, read the DHCR Fact Sheet on this subject, Tenant.net

: 2) It has been 10 years since the landlord painted the public hallways. Is the landlord required to paint the hallways every so often?

YES, 'as needed to keep sanitary'. inside your apt it is every 3 years but you have to ask.

: 3) Shower temperature fluctuates dramatically, do I have any recourse to force landlord to fix the problem?

call Central Complaints 960-4800: water must be 120 degrees 24/7/365. There is no actual too-high temperature but 180 degrees can kill you in minutes, 170 degrees is still too hot. HPD can classify it as dangerous.

: 4) Cronic ant infestation. Although the exterminator comes once a month, it doesn't do any good, the ant infestation continues. Is the landlord required to do more than just send the exterminator once a month?

If ants qualify as vermin, he is required to eliminate them, whatever that takes.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name