Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

forget agencies.

Posted by John on June 07, 2000 at 21:25:24:

In Reply to: Blacklists posted by Kay on June 07, 2000 at 16:31:12:

Shelley is right. Any attempt to find an apartment through an agency is a waste of time. Try paying a super of a large building a finders fee if they can get you in.

I did that after I went to court with my former landlord and I didn't look back.

: Can I be blacklisted for an attempted eviction that was achieved illegally, and was then unsuccessful? I was turned down for an apartment because they said there was a judgement against me by my current landlord 5 years ago. The conditions in that apartment were apalling, we withheld rent for a while to get them to make repairs, then they tried to illegally evict us by saying our payments did not arrive on time, which was a lie, and I proved it on paper.
: Even the court personnel remarked that the landlord's actions were wrong, and the court ruled in our favor, and we are still living in that apartment.

: Now, however, I am blacklisted because of this, and it seems I can't get an apartment. I called housing court to find out how to get records of this information, and I was told that there is some company in Florida that is making money giving out this information on tenants to landlords, and that many tenants have complained that they are giving out wrong information, causing people to be turned down for apartments. How do I get access to this information? What can be done to stop, or regulate companies like this that are giving out false information?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name