Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: finding a housing law attorney

Posted by JJ on June 10, 2000 at 23:02:55:

In Reply to: finding a housing law attorney posted by Nova on June 10, 2000 at 22:30:11:

: I must quickly move to search for an attorney to represent me in a non-payment proceeding in the NYC housing court.

: I have begun with a Bar referral service who offers affordable lawyers, and those with consultation fees of $25 for the first 1/2 hour.

: The first attorney was not interested in my case; she was not familiar with the real state (a hotel). I have an appointment with a second attorney.

: Looks like I will be able to afford a very good lawyer, but am at a loss where to start looking.

: If anyone wants to share experiences, positive or negative, about lawyer/firm selection, please respond here or privately.

: Greetings, ~Nova

You need a landlord-tenant attorney: most attorneys don't know anything about landlord-tenant court. Call some of those who advertise here and/or call Met Council 693-0550 for some referrals. Pick one who only respresents tenants, never landlords.

The ads change frequently, but you can always go to the directory and click on every HTML file.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name