Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: late fees and repairs

Posted by danise on June 12, 2000 at 09:15:15:

In Reply to: late fees and repairs posted by danise on June 12, 2000 at 08:00:44:

: I live in North Carolina and live in a 3 bedroom rent stabilized townhouse. A few months ago due to unforseen circumstances court cost and late fees were applied to total of $170.00. My question to this is can the landlord apply those fees to my monthly rent which is continually making my regular monthly rent in arrears? I have paid all but $20.00 towards that fee however, the landlord is still adding late fees to my rent because the total bill from the court cost and late fees were unpaid.

: Also during the past 3 months I have completed at least 3 repair reports regarding the wooden steps and platform which is decaying and falling apart. I have a child who plays in the yard and have slipped as well as myself. They are aware of this and the dining room light will not stay on due to an electrical problem. Can I refuse to make payment of rent until those repairs are made without them penalizing me for the time of non-payment?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name